Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Spicy Pork Chops

I made this for dinner last night.  It was really good, and I think I will have to modifiy it a little next time.

Spicy Pork Chops ( I have no idea how it is called SPICY, because it really is SWEET)

5-6 center-cut lion pork chops
3 tbsp. oil
1 onion, sliced
1 green pepper, cut into strips
8 oz. can tomato sauce
3-4 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp vinegar
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1-2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

1. Brown chops in oil in skillet.  Transfer to slow cooker
2. Add remaining ingredients to cooker
3. Cover. Cook on low 6 hours
4. Serve over rice

Tips

**I made this with 4 chops, and I used 15 oz can of tomato sauce**  This was GREAT for 2 people.  So if you have more then two people you will need to double the recipe or even triple.**

Modifications (that I will do next time)

I would add mushrooms, another bell pepper and onion.. :)


Cite:
Ranck, D. G. (2000). Fix-It and Forget-it Cookbook. Intercourse: Good Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment